Acne may be classified as mild, moderate or severe.
Treatment for acne depends on the patient’s age and sex, the extent and the severity of the acne, how long it has been present, and response to previous treatments.
- Treatment for mild acne includes topical anti-acne preparations, lasers and lights
- Treatment for moderate acne adds acne antibiotics such as tetracyclines and/or antiandrogens such as birth control pill
- Treatment for severe acne may require a course of oral isotretinoin.
If none of it works (rare in our experience with committed patients) we can refer you on for oral retinoids.
At Skin Essentials, we focus on a holistic treatment plan for your acne, involving some or all of the above, depending on time, expectations and budget.
- Personalised skincare with actives
- Prescription medications
- LED light treatment weekly for 6-10 weeks
- IPL to target spots
- Chemical peels designed for acne – a course of 3-6 is usually required.