No products in the basket.
In December each year, historically, my children and I plan some time off during the summer school holidays during which we reconnect.
For me, as someone who is (mostly) super organised, it is an annual tradition to plan my upcoming goals and aims for the year ahead in 4 domains:
Personal is obviously a huge category, emcompassing my personal and spiritual goals; health and fitness goals; skin and aesthetic goals, relational goals and more.
So while I am behind on this goal setting for 2023, I find it soothing to have a plan, and a way to track my progress and to keep me accountable.
With this in mind, I thought I'd share my top tips for helping you with your skin and aesthetic goals if you're not usually a planner and what I've seen work, time and time again, for my most successful patients over the years.
After all, as a Specialist GP with niche training and interests across several areas, including mental health, I find great joy and satisfaction in helping people who want to do better, simplify so they can see the results they say they want to see while holding them accountable; after all, as the saying goes, what is not measured, cannot be improved.
One of my longstanding patients said to me today, when times have been lean for her, she's prioritised the things that have given her the biggest bang for her limited buck so she could save for the more expensive things when things weren't as lean.
1. That is why at Skin Essentials, we focus so much on the initial consultation to understand your goals and aims, but also to give you a realistic picture of what we need from you to help you attain those goals, and over what timeframe.
2. It is why we hold you accountable to booked appointments, and will ask you if you are truly in the right frame of mind to invest in yourself if you regularly reschedule or cancel. In our experience we know this will not yield best results and the token late fee really does not pay our overheads.
3. Without trust there can be nothing - so the initial and subsequent consultations are designed to help determine fit - it has to be a two-way street, without which we cannot proceed. My patients I know, can see that I would never suggest anything that is not in their best interest, no matter how much money they have to spend on it. Equally, I don't work to your budget. I tell you what you need to budget, and you decide if you will find the money and how.
4. Lastly, realistic expectations are everything.
So what are some realistic expectations I discuss with you and which we must align on if we are to work together?
So as we round out 2022, the patients who've made the most progress and had the most gains have managed to:
So my advice with respect to goals, for my patients in 2023, if we are to continue working together to improve your skin, are:
2. Less is more
3. It need not be fancy or expensive to give you results, just formulated well.
4. Longterm planning is key to avoid looking odd, weird or overfilled.
5. Lastly the basics are THE most important part that are non negotiable
So there you have it! Not sexy, not trending, but classic, tried and true tips that work. Medical aesthetics is for the patient patient; the calm patient who understands that skin takes time and the patient with realistic expectations.
You may pay tens of thousands of dollars for plastic surgery in one hit but still have to wait weeks to months to see final results. In non surgical and minimally invasive surgery, there is usually minimal downtime, and costs can be spread out over months, but it still relies on you showing up, and being patient. There is no other way.
What are your skin goals for 2023? Reply to this email and tell us!
Thank you for your support in 2022, it's been wonderful meeting many of you as new-to-us patients this year, we hope we have met and even exceeded your expectations and given you a glimpse of what ethical medical aesthetics can look like. Stay safe, be sunsmart, always and we look forward to continuing to serve you and to work with you in 2023.
See you next year, from me and my team at Skin Essentials.
|Monday:||By agreement only|
|Wednesday:||10:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday:||10:00 – 18:00|
|Friday:||09:00 – 17:00|
|Saturday:||09:00 – 15:00|
Skin Essentials will reopen the week beginning 11th October 2021.
Per NSW government regulations, only double vaccinated patients will be served when we reopen and we will be checking vaccination certificates for all patients upon booking. This requirement may change as of December 1st, and we will advise you accordingly.
Please email us (email@example.com) or text us (0413174654) your vaccination certificate as soon after booking as you can. We will not be able to see anyone for treatments or confirm appointments without this.
In the interest of full disclosure, transparency and patient safety, all patient facing staff will be fully vaccinated by the time of reopening. Please read our reopening FAQ for more information.